Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 05:31:49PM +0100, Klaus Ethgen wrote:
> Sure. For doing some Work on such projects as glibc (Low level tools,
> I'm not the frontend programmer). But then come to another problem, (and
> yes, I know there is the possibility to have a sponsor) how to just help
> without being a DD?

Very easily.  Subscribe to the package's mailing list or PTS entry,
respond to easily answerable bug reports, and attach patches in the
BTS.  Believe me - many maintainers appreciate it!

At least, they will unless you have a tendency to answer incorrectly.
If that happens several times, consider sending patches to the mailing
list or maintainer rather than responding to the bug submitter with
possibly incorrect information.  This is the only major pitfall of
trying to help out.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery