Re: Plug applications into browsers

Ron Johnson wrote:

Howard,

I can guarantee you that ActiveX plug-ins don't and won't work in
Linux-native browsers.
I am guessing you think I mean to use ActiveX through WINE or some such thing? Do not worry that had not been my intention I was always to wary of WINE for my own reasons (not sure even how to use it for running stuff written for Windows). So no, no ActiveX on Linux, just stuff written in a compiled language and accessed via its integration with the browser.

...you now make me think! I wonder if it is possible to talk to programs running using WINE? (not from browsers I just mean write for example a console program that reports what WINE is running by looking at what calls are being made to what I assume is the running code for an API implementation.) I suppose? it is possible but not without knowing a lot about WINE or if there is already some utility for restricting software being run.
Java was designed for WORA.  Use it!
What is WORA? (sorry not too hot on definitions).

Regards

Howard