Re: Plug applications into browsers

Hendrik,

This was more or less what I wanted to be assured of.

Hendrik Sattler wrote:
Am Mittwoch 21 Februar 2007 12:11 schrieb Howard Young:
This very much depends on what you want to do. Netscape-style plugins work in many browsers, e.g. konqueror can use them, too, like it uses the plugin for flash.
I will go and gleam what I can from the Netscape documentation.
If you want media streaming, every platform comes with integrated media players (konqueror->kaffeine, IE->WMP).
It is useful for me to gain knowledge about how these things are integrated and can be accessed from what I write. But not really my initial objective.
If you want an interactive application, you can use Java, Flash or use some Web2.0 stuff.
I have never heard of Web2.0 before? I will go and find out what this is.
But this is not the right list to discuss web development stuff.
Know you of such a list??
I will take Wouter's advice and look through Mozilla pages.

Thank you

Howard