Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

* Marco d'Itri <md@Linux.IT> [070226 02:35]:
> If a maintainer keeps doing uploads we can be almost sure that he is not
> "ignoring" bugs too.

Especially with the big packages used as example why this would be hard
this is not obvious, and I think for many packages it is even simply not
true.

> Providing an useful answer to a bug requires proper bug triage, which
> requires time.

But it is a time that is well invested. If a maintainer does not look
at the bugs, he cannot give them due priority. Thus a maintainer needs
to look at them anyhow and do a fast assessment how important it is,
how much work it would involve to fix it or even what kind of tests
or considerations would be needed to make sure it is a bug at all.
And if it is done, a short answer can be made with the results of that.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link