Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:45:28AM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2007-02-26, Roberto C. Sanchez <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:
> > I have to completely disagree here.  When I started in earnest with the
> > effort to clean up the sasl package, I literally spent three twelve hour
> > days in a row doing nothing but bug triage.  I really am not surprised
> > that people had not offered to help previously.  There were bugs which
> > had been unanswered for months or years.  And that was for a package
> > with only ~100 bugs.  When we finally uploaded the new version, it
> > closed something like 38 bugs.
>
> pff... 100 bugs - that's what we recieve in 6 weeks.

Ooooh.  I stand in awe of your greatness.

Seriously, do you think that the number of bug reports you receive is
justification to not answer them?  In fact, I would argue that the more
reports you receive, the more you should endeavour to make sure that
they are properly triaged and that the submitters know you are working
on them.

Regards,

-Roberto

--