Re: update on binary upload restrictions

On 25 Jan 2007, at 1:23 am, James Troup wrote:

 (a) we don't currently have the buildd infrastructure for this - it
     would require a minimum of 2 (preferably 3) machines dedicated to
     being i386 buildds.  It would also make i386 uploads much more
     sensitive to delays and really require better coverage than one
     human could provide.

Sanger could easily host at least one of these, in addition to the new alpha buildd we host. We have reserved 6 IP addresses in the firewall zone that goetz.debian.org sits in, so we can host another 5 machines for whatever purpose the Debian Admins would like. We have lots of bandwidth, and management buy-in to us hosting this stuff is strong (after all, we use Debian on thousands of machines here, so it's in our interests to help the project work)

Tim