hijacking asciidoc - stone@debian.org MIA?

Hi,

asciidoc is currently in a bad shape and pretty outdated, as I use
asciidoc regulary I'm very interested in having a new and good
maintained asciidoc package. Unfortunatly there are bugs like #376523
which are really annoying and easy to fix. The maintainer also seems to
be very inactive, according to MIA his last activity was in october 2006
which is a little bit ago. Frederik - if you need any help or
co-maintenance just tell me, but I didn't received an answer of my last
mail. So if there are no objections I would hijack asciidoc in a few
days, but I would prefer to get a lifesign of the real maintainer :).

Best wishes

Alex