Re: update on binary upload restrictions

On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 03:44:39AM -0500, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> However, as I can be drummed out of Debian for not fulfilling my quota of
> complaining, may I ask why this was sent to debian-devel and not
> debian-devel-announce? :-)

Because it really just is an implementation detail of our
build-infrastructure, and shouldn't (in theory) be essential for Debian
Developers to know (but it's nice information nevertheless), as it
didn't affect their own packages or the release (some might disagree on
the latter).  non-free and experimental are tiny compared to main, so
alerting the whole world to temporary changes to their autobuilding
state looks like overkill to me.

Michael