Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 17:30 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le lundi 22 janvier 2007 à 09:59 -0500, Greg Folkert a écrit :
> > Yeap, you are right. I am dumb.
>
> I was not sure of it, but this mail just convinced me you are.
>
> > But let me ask you this, are you telling me that I need to spend *MUCH*
> > more time to fix the settings than to remove them and reconstruct my
> > desktop.
>
> How do you expect developers to fix bugs that happen in a certain
> configuration if you simply wipe it out instead?

I guess you are an obtuse useless developer, as you clipped out the
context. Choosing to only make snide remarks to nit and picks,
conveniently chosen to make me look like I don't know what I am talking
about.

I am telling you right now, that the BUGS of which I experience, I
"discover" the bugs in bugs.d.o. Exactly the same problems...
workarounds offered by the developers are typically non-existent and
typically are tagged "not reproducible" and closed with admonishment to
the bug-submitter.

Now you'd expect that from Debian, being the way Debian works. But I
switch to GNOME, I find them same or similar derned bugs in
bugzilla.g.o. Also with things like WONTFIX (being obsolete or feature
removed)or Not Reproducible or other ways to close the them .

I guess, GNOME snobbism flows out from the core.

I hope you realize what your are doing. Its comments like you have made
that keeps the reputation of the GNOME team and GNOME Distro teams it
the negative when you try to belittle and try to humiliate the people
that would like to use the product of your labors. It is more and more
clear the whole GNOME developer "gang" is just that.
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux