Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

On Monday 22 January 2007 15:08, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> While it is completely useless bloat for capplets (or at least, it would
> if capplets were merged appropriately and useless ones were removed), I
> hope it will be used for panel applets insertion.

Those capplets were wanted enough to have been made, so obviously they
scratch someones itch. Or in other words they're usefull to someone even if
they're not usefull to you personally.

Besides didn't you imply earlier ([1],[2]) that gnome was consolidating
features, not removing them? So Which is it?

The above paragraph only succeeds in reinforcing my believe that the gnome
usability engineers cut and ran instead of adressing the actual scaling
problem. And the above seems to indicate gnome's all set on doing it all
over again. I'm gonna guess that was not the picture you were trying to
give?

By all means merge the ones that can be merged, but do everyone a favor and
do _not_ remove the remaining ones even if you consider them useless: if
someone went trough all the trouble of creating it and getting it included
it's obviously usefull to someone.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/01/msg00626.html
[2] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2007/01/msg00643.html
--