Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 15:12 +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 20 janvier 2007 à 21:32 -0500, Greg Folkert a écrit :
> > I have regularly had my GCONF stuff partially corrupted in any case.
> > Associations go away, programs crash spontaneously, I look for bugs...
> > find the exact same things I have. Solution or workaround? remove *ALL*
> > user gconf and gnome settings. Literally nuke them.
>
> You're not forced to listen to any dumb wannabee who tells you to clean
> your settings everytime you have a problem.

Yeap, you are right. I am dumb.

But let me ask you this, are you telling me that I need to spend *MUCH*
more time to fix the settings than to remove them and reconstruct my
desktop.

I guess my time isn't worth anything. I bow to your obvious better
knowledge.
</sarcams>

Come on Joss, are you *REALLY* that obtuse?
--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net

The technology that is
Stronger, better, faster:  Linux