If I play piano while my computer starts up, /dev/dsp disappears !

    My computer is connected to my piano through a
usb-midi cable. If I use my
piano while the computer starts up, whether /dev/dsp
is renamed to /dev/dsp1, or it
simply disappears! I'm using a Debian Etch weekly
build from 13 January 2006. If I
do an `lsmod', all snd-* modules are loaded as usual.
What is happening? I did not
post this on bugs.debian.org as I do not know in which
package the bug is. Thanks
in advance for answering me.