Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

On Saturday 20 January 2007 14:21, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Le samedi 20 janvier 2007 à 13:34 +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) a
> > IMHO that just means those usability engineers took the easy way out of
> > a scaling problem: instead of adressing the actual problem, they just
> > made sure they didn't have to deal with it.
>
> Why do you assume it? The usability processes in GNOME imply, on the
> contrary, that there is a good way to achieve every use case.

> Improving usability often means replacing two non-optimal ways of doing
> something by a single, better way of doing it.

no disagreement here, provided that's possible, it often isn't

> You only see the two things removed, through the deforming glasses of the
> rumor, and miss the overall usability improvement.

So Gnome has obviously not 'removed tons of features' (your words), they've
instead consolidated features, replacing multiple features with single
better features all over the place?
And I suppose the mountains of rants and complaints on the subject are all
from (power) users that failed to find the new consolidated features,
right?

Off course:
- if so you have a usability problem (as clearly indicated by lots of power
  users not finding the consolidated features)
- if not, my point stands
--
Cheers, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis)