Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> Having eog and evince in the menu serves the "I want to look at a file I
> know I have on my disk" case. But you can open the file in the same
> number of clicks but with a better interface, by launching a nautilus
> window.

"Better interface" for some people perhaps.  I don't run Nautilus at all
(and don't want to, it's simply not a very nice program), but I
certainly use Gnome apps to look at files.

The Gnome project has apparently developed an enormous blindspot because
of their fixation with novice users, but Debian need not follow this.
That's the beauty of free software.

-Miles
--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that