Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 04:42:21PM -0800, Jeff Carr wrote:
> On 01/16/07 20:22, Steve Langasek wrote:
>
> > Thus their goal is to help win market share,
>
> That's an important goal.

How about we don't care about the crap that is "market share", but only
about the things that really matter, such as "is it useful"?

If "it takes some getting used to, but after that it's much more useful
than what most people use" is what Debian gets known by, then I'm quite
sure our "market share" will start rising, too.

Yes, market share is useful to some extent, since at the very least it
helps in getting more interesting brains working on our system. But if
"market share" gets in the way of quality, then "market share" can go
where the sun don't shine.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22