Re: Archive signing key for 2007?

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:51:21PM +0100, Javier Fern?ndez-Sanguino Pe?a wrote:
> I thought that the 2007 key was (based on [1]) supposed to be available
> early in January and available in the debian-archive-keyring package. Which
> doesn't seem to be the case.

The key we'll be using (and indeed are already using) is available as:

	http://ftp-master.debian.org/archive-key-4.0.asc

It's expected to be valid until sometime after lenny is released.

If you've upgraded a testing/unstable system in the past month or two,
you'll find that key has been automatically added to your apt key list,
after being verified by the normal trust path for upgraded packages --
namely the current archive key you've been using, then the sha1sum of
the Packages file and finally the md5sum of the apt package containing
the updated key.

Debian developers can obtain the key from merkel over ssh, by looking
in /srv/ftp.debian.org/web/archive-key-4.0.asc. The key id is 6070D3A1
which can be obtained from the key servers with signatures from both me
and Steve Langasek.

Cheers,
aj