Re: Bugs in default GNOME etch?

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 01:25 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Not all of us are using window managers that grok .desktop
>  entries.  Indeed, I would think that instead of having gnome menus,
>  kde menus, and Debian menus, we should dump the first two before we
>  dump the latter, since the Debian menu is something that we control,
>  and is something that benefits _all_ Debian users, not just a subset.

though honestly, i think the "debian menu" is inferior to the "upstream
menu" layout found in kde/gnome from a user standpoint.  perhaps i'm not
the only one who finds the debian menu a little clunky, crufty and out
of date?  that's not to say i don't appreciate what it does.

ideally, there ought to be some kind of way to either
generate .menu/xpm-format files from .desktop files or vice versa (with
appropriate automagical section mapping).

	sean