Bugs in default GNOME etch?

Hello,

first of all, I posted to d-d because I think the problem is not
restricted to GNOME, but if I'm wrong, please continue this discussion
to debian-gtk-gnome (which I cc:ed) and cc: me please (not needed for
d-d, I read it).

I installed etch as described at bug #406026 [1] and as it's quite a
long time since I used a GNOME system I played with it for a while,
IMHO getting in touch with different bugs, even if quite all minor.

NB, I didn't checked if all of these "bugs" have already been
    reported, so in case just ignore them :-)

1) some entries in the Debian menu lack the icon:
     evince, yelp, sound-juicer, gnome-cups-manager (both entries),
     gnome-utils (gnome-screenshot), gucharmap, foomatic-gui,
     gnome-system-monitor, grdesktop, gsynaptics, ekiga

2) the Debian menu requires xpm icons [2] and in fact only 4 packages
   have icons in the png format (ekiga, evince, gimp, gnomemeeting),
   but for some packages the xpm icon is really bad:
     gnome-utils (gnome-system-log, gnome-search-tool, gnome-floppy,
     gnome-dictionary), gnome-system-tools (all), gdm, gcalctool,
     bug-buddy, gnome-terminal, gnome-control-center

   Is there a practical reason for requesting xpm icons?  No need to
   explain if an answer already exists, but I cannot find it.

3) there are different icons for the same entry in the GNOME
   Applications list and the Debian menu:
     liferea, gnome-utils (gnome-system-log, gnome-search-tool),
     xsane, eog, gnome-media (grecord), gnome-baker, totem

   IMHO the icon should be the same if the program is the same, no
   matter which WM is in use.

4) evince doesn't appear by default on the GNOME Applications list (it
   happened on three different installations).  Maybe it's not the
   only one, but I cannot find any others.

5) some programs aren't present in the Debian menu:
     alacarte, gnome-btdownload

6) gnome-panel gives an .xsession-errors because "Unable to open
   desktop file epiphany.desktop for panel launcher".  This is normal
   as epiphany isn't installed by default, but I'd suggest to install
   the firefox.desktop instead.

7) why still Gnomemeeting by default instead of Ekiga (which AFAIK is
   the default VoIP client since GNOME 2.14)?

8) the gnomebaker window doesn't start big enough to include all the
   buttons (this is clearly a bug, which strangely hasn't been
   reported yet).

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: