Re: Your message to Pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers awaits moderator approval

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 09:41:59AM +0100, pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers-bounces@lists.alioth.debian.org wrote:
> Your mail to 'Pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers' with the subject
>
>     Re: Best scheme for teams and Maintainer/Uploaders fields ?

> The reason it is being held:
>
>     Post by non-member to a members-only list
>
> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
> this posting, please visit the following URL:
>
>     http://lists.alioth.debian.org/mailman/confirm/pkg-ruby-extras-maintainers/90c2cecc7206ab9c13d95ef7ea56388e54029c3c

  That becomes tiredsome. Once again, I really think that the list used
as a primary contact for packaging shall not be moderated. Alioth has
quite reasonable antispam measures, so that's really not needed.

  I know people say "well if the list is moderated quick enough
blahblahblah..." but :
  - mailman does not sent 'your mail has been accepted' notifications,
    hence it looks like the mail stays there forever ;
  - that makes a mail the user does not really expect, and with the
    current spam rates, one-more-mail is painful ;
  - that looks very rough and disordered ;
  - ...

  PLEASE do NOT moderate lists that are listed as a Maintainer/Uploader.
If you still want to do so, PLEASE STOP sending the notifications, those
are useless, painful, ....

  Thanks... again.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit