Re: FSG Packaging Summit in Berlin

Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> writes:

> Jonathan Corbet wrote:
>> 	Debian will get the Etch release out this year. Honest. What
>> 	could possibly go wrong? Thereafter, the Debian developers will
>>
>> Honestly, it was not my intent to insult anybody.  I'm sorry if I did.
>> But, being the socially-challenged person I am, I still don't understand
>> how that could be.
>
> As I read it, there's an implication that all I, as a DD, am good for is
> failing to get Debian releases out and spending all my time in pointless
> discussion. I don't really feel that accurately describes me.

Come on, what happened to Debian recently?  I miss the times when we
simply said "xxx will release when it is ready".  In my book, such
statements are what we deserve for pretending to have a crystal ball.
We should never have started to publicly predict release dates IMO.
Commercial vendors can predict release dates if they like, but
volunteer based projects shouldn't IMO, at least not those that are as
large as Debian is.

I find this kind of amusing, and am NOT offended by such a statement.

And, there is a bit of truth in the sarcasm, isn't there?

Oh, I love sarcasm, its one of these things that make life worth living!

--
CYa,
  Mario