FSG Packaging Summit in Berlin

http://www.freestandards.org/en/LSB_face-to-face_%28December_2006%29

Quote:"The goal of the Summit is to bring together the key people in
the Linux packaging world and ISVs to discuss the future of Linux
packaging. Topics will include RPM, the role of other packaging
technologies (dpkg, APT, yum, etc.), and the needs of ISVs in
packaging solutions".

Has this ever been discussed on Debian ML's?

Joey Hess was there. I can't recall any mention of it on the DWN.

Why do we [users] have to learn of these things from external
sources?

Regards

--
Ottavio Caruso

I will not purchase any computing equipment from manufacturers that recommend Windows Vista? or any other Microsoft® products.
http://www.pledgebank.com/boycottvista