Re: update-inetd

* Brian May (bam@snoopy.debian.net) [061211 15:54]:
> I strongly suspect the problem is the code (I copied elsewhere) that
> disables the service on upgrades and then re-enables it again after
> the upgrade is finished (hmmm.... seems broken just thinking about
> it).
>
> Anyway, in this case, the service is not re-enabled again because the
> default for this service is not to enable it.
>
> Comments?

I don't think one needs to touch inetd.conf at all (or any other service
description) during upgrades, at least not as long as not changes to the
service are necessary. I would rather recommend to only add it during
first installation, and remove it during purge. Why bother at other
places?

Cheers,
Andi
--