Re: [q] maintainance of xfsprogs and util-linux

On Saturday 18 November 2006 13:35, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> I've also run into problems with xfs due to hardware-failures which were
> not possible to fix with the xfs_repair included in etch (after I
> managed to get a disk dump from the buggy hardware..). WOuld be really
> nice to hve an uptodate version of the xfs tools in etch.

Add suspending to disk as a way to screw your XFS partition. If XFS can't
handle a normal kernel function like suspending, I have a hard time trusting
it with random PANICS and hardware failures.

AFAICT, I had to reinstall twice due to the "." entry being removed from a
directory and not being able to xfs_repair it. Accessing the directory caused
an immediate removal of all xfs volumes on my system. Since everything was
XFS, I was left with only input/output errors and had to hard reboot.

wt
--
Warren Turkal, Research Associate III/Systems Administrator
Colorado State University, Dept. of Atmospheric Science