Re: RFC: behaviour of "bts show" command with new BTS default behaviour

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 01:02:06AM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:

> Thinking of changing the default behaviour of the devscripts "bts show"
> (aka "bts bugs") command, and want to ask for opinions before I do so.
>
> The BTS behaviour of http://bugs.debian.org/<package> has recently
> changed.  It used to resolve to:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=<package>
>
> which listed all open and closed bugs in the package, without any
> version tracking being taking into consideration in the listings.
>
> It now resolves to:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=<package>;dist=unstable
>
> which lists the status of all bugs in that package in respect to the
> version(s) of the package currently in unstable.

I prefer the new behaviour, myself.  If it must be changed, can it be
configurable via some kind of .btsrc file?

Also, can we please have this functionality for "bts cache"?  It takes
a *long* time to download a huge whackload of bugs, many/most of which
are already fixed in unstable, and so don't matter to me at all.....

						- Ted