Virtual package "editor" gone?

Hi,

I just received a bug report (#398744) that my package 'cream' should
provide the virtual package 'editor'. I checked
http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt
and the 'editor' package is documented to have been removed back in 1996.
Still several packages provide that package.

Strangely that list of virtual packages claims to be updated in 2002
according to its second line. But Manoj also documented a change ~6 weeks
ago in the history.

One or two years ago we added the 'gvim' virtual package and it still isn't
listed. Is that document authoritative? Or is it just incomplete for some
purpose? Or do I need to bribe Manoj with chocolate?

Regards
 Christoph
--
I'm still confused - just on a higher level now.