Re: RFC: behaviour of "bts show" command with new BTS default behaviour

On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 12:19:30PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 01:02:06AM +0000, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > Thinking of changing the default behaviour of the devscripts "bts show"
> > (aka "bts bugs") command, and want to ask for opinions before I do so.
> [...]
> > It now resolves to:
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=<package>;dist=unstable
>
> When using "bts show package" or going to
> "http://bugs.debian.org/package"; we get that behaviour, and I find both
> of them annoying.
> [...]
>
> I think the default of the bts when going to
> http://bugs.debian.org/package should change back to the old behaviour,
> and you shouldn't change the bts command.

To clarify: I have no control over the BTS itself, and Don Armstrong
rejected my request for the default http://bugs.debian.org/package
behaviour to revert to its old behaviour (see
http://bugs.debian.org/397925).  So the only thing within my ability
is to change the devscripts bts command so that it behaves in the way
it used to before the BTS change.

   Julian