Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 6

Bill Allombert writes ("Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 6"):
> Thanks to your collective effort, the number of circular dependencies in
> Debian has halved since the begining of the year.

... but as previously discussed there is nothing wrong with circular
dependencies.  (Although of course some circular dependencies will be
incorrect and incorrect dependencies are always a bad idea!)

The only argument I've heard against circular dependencies as a
general rule is that they can trigger a particularly stupid (and
probably not very hard to fix) bug in apt, where apt says
  dpkg --configure lots of individual package names
rather than
  dpkg --configure --pending
for no particularly apparent reason.

Ian.