NEW processing slowdown (Was: FAQ, Re: new mplayer)

[Tshepang Lekhonkhobe]
> I don't know if this is answered elswhere, but how come it is still
> stuck in NEW?

The speed of NEW processing have slowed down significantly this
autumn.  There used to be enough people working on it, but at the
moment there are too few doing it.  This summer, it was down to 22
packages, and now it is 132 packages.

I suspect something need to be done with the NEW process, as adding
more people seem to only improve the situation for a limited time.
Perhaps it could be optimized to make it less time consuming for those
processing it, or perhaps it need a complete redesign to avoid the
current bottleneck.  I'm not sure, as I only see it from the outside
through <URL:http://ftp-master.debian.org/new.html>.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen