Re: Bug mass filling

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Kevin Mark wrote:
> DD's trying to use Debian policy as a guide to make all packages
> pass policy requirement. Is this not what they are tasked to do?

There's nothing wrong with these goals. Indeed, I'm sure no one would
object to patches and bugs being filed to fix these policy issues.

The only question is whether the bugs are RC or not. The RMs have the
ability to determine which policy issues are RC; the people who can
override their decision (by making other bugs RC) are the maintainers
for a particular package, by deciding that a particular package is not
fit for release.

Otherwise, when the RMs have clarified the release policy (as they
have just done), then we should go back to fixing bugs instead of
arguing about whether or not the bugs are really all that bad or not.

Don Armstrong

--
Il semble que la perfection soit atteinte non quand il n'y a plus rien
a ajouter, mais quand il n'y a plus rien a retrancher.