Re: Bug mass filling

* Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org) [061019 21:25]:
> On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 09:17:38PM +0200, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> wrote:
> > * Mike Hommey (mh@glandium.org) [061019 21:14]:

> > > 'is a severe violation of Debian policy (roughly, it violates a "must" or
> > >  "required" directive), or'
> >
> > The html-code for this part is:
> > <DT><CODE>serious</CODE>
> > <DD>is a <a href="http://release.debian.org/etch_rc_policy.txt";>severe
> > violation of Debian policy</a> (roughly, it violates a "must" or "required"
> > directive), or, in the package maintainer's opinion, makes the package
> > unsuitable for release.
> >
> > So, obviously http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities defines
> > that "severe violation of Debian policy" means anything referenced in
> > the etch_rc_policy-document.
>
> Yeah, right, whatever, as soon as etch is release on December 4th...

What do you intend to say by that? The definition of serious was already
that way when I was looking at the release from the very outside, before
I was a DD even (ok, it was sarge_rc_policy.txt, and not etch at that
time). It has *nothing* whatsoever to do with the planned release date

But I need to admit that I get sick, seriously sick. If someone doesn't
agree with something, he just says "you do it wrong just for release of
etch on $date". I really hate that. Especially when it's about things
that are done that way since ages, but someone just recently has become
aware of that.

That really takes the fun away from Debian for me. I don't know if
that's what you intend, but that's what you achieve.

Cheers,
Andi
--
  http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/