Re: Bug mass filling

On Thu, Oct 19, 2006 at 07:01:20PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Thursday 19 October 2006 18:45, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> > If no problem is caused by it, I believe 'normal' or even 'wishlist'
> > severity is the proper severity to use.

> s/wishlist/minor/

> It _is_ a bug after all.

s/minor/important/, which is the severity used for policy violations that
don't qualify as release-critical.

And in this case, yes, the bugs should be filed as important rather than
serious; the etch RC policy claims they should be serious, but it also does
this in the section on "autobuilding" -- if no one has found any problems
autobuilding these packages before now, despite multiple full-archive
rebuilds over the past year, then it's a bug in the etch RC policy to
suggest that these should be RC when they don't cause practical problems.