Re: Looking for Debian Packaging expert

Kevin Mark <kevin.mark@verizon.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 04:26:04PM -0700, Mahmood Sheikh wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I work for ACCESS, Inc. here in Sunnyvale, California. We are looking
>> for someone who is adept in Debian Packaging. This person would deliver
>> 3 or 4 hourly sessions to our employees just to educate them on benefits
>> of using Debian Packaging and answer any questions that our employees
>> (internal developers) might have.
>>
>> It would not be training sessions but it would be semi technical talks
>> on how to use and deploy Debian packages mechanism and discussing the
>> advantages of using Debian packages for distribution of software
>> internally.
>>
>> Regards,
> Hi Mahmood,
> thanks for considering Debian!
> your employees can browser the Debian.org web site for information about
> packaging.

I don't think that this will help Mahmood very much.  But nobody so far
has pointed out two interesting points of information:

- There's a debian-jobs mailing list which has been created specifically
  for such offers.  Mahmood, you should probably resend your request to
  that list

- I think there used to be a list of companies that provide Debian
  support and training, but I can't find it - can somebody help?

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)