Re: Looking for Debian Packaging expert

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Mahmood Sheikh wrote:

I work for ACCESS, Inc. here in Sunnyvale, California. We are looking
for someone who is adept in Debian Packaging. This person would deliver
3 or 4 hourly sessions to our employees just to educate them on benefits
of using Debian Packaging and answer any questions that our employees
(internal developers) might have.

It would not be training sessions but it would be semi technical talks
on how to use and deploy Debian packages mechanism and discussing the
advantages of using Debian packages for distribution of software
internally.

I recently have done something like you are looking for in Max-Planck-Institut für Kognitions- und Neurowissenschaften in
Leipzig (Germany) and the material is online at

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/talks/200609_mpi/index_de.html

But it is only in German (if you follow the link to the English
translation on this page you will just learn that there is only
a German version).  But perhaps this material might be helpful as
a basis for somebody who wants to do such a workshop at your
place.  This person should probably start inspecting

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/mpi-schulung/

which contains the complete sources of the slides (in LaTeX beamer)
and a packaging example.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--