Re: malsync ready for adoption

Le 16.10.2006, à 11:48:41, Daniel Schepler a écrit:
> On Sunday 15 October 2006 21:48 pm, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> > If you are interested you should also adopt libmal. It causes a problem
> > on kpilot and I offered the package to the kpilot maintainer without an
> > answer from him. See #389353.
> >
> > If no one adopt it I will request the removal of malsync from unstable.
>
> Sorry, I missed that message.  I'm not interested in maintaining libmal; it's
> just an optional add-on to kpilot.  If libmal were removed from unstable, I
> would most likely just recompile kdepim with the libmal-dev build-dep cut
> out.

OK.

What is preferred for a buggy and unmaintained (upstream) package
- removal
or
- orphaning

I can orphan libmal but that will not solve #389353 and the QA will not
be able to debug it without access to a PDA and an account on
http://www.avantgo.com/

The upsteam maintainer can't test it either so I do not see a fast
resolution here.

> By the way, where did you get the idea that the submitter of #389353 and the
> kpilot maintainer were the same person?  I'm not "Peter Robin". :)

Oops, sorry.

Bye,

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau                        Ludovic.Rousseau@free.fr
 -- Normaliser Unix c'est comme pasteuriser le camembert, L.R. --