Re: safe halt/reboot/shutdown

also sprach Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [2006.10.17.1600 +0200]:
> According to my own experience this would probably be the only
> clean way.

I fail to see the problem with my shell script: unless it's called
via SSH while connected to a terminal, it does nothing else but call
/sbin/halt.real (or whatever the actual halt command is). No sudo,
no grep, no anything, just plain POSIX shell.

I agree that it would be *nice* to have a policy framework for
shutdown, but it just won't happen before etch. But I want my shell
script in etch.

Thus, unless I get other suggestions, I'll package it up in its own
package, which diverts /sbin/{reboot,halt,shutdown} and puts my
shell script in their place. I'll Enhance whatever init systems
there are and I'll ask them to add Suggests.

always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.