Re: Question regarding maintainer email

Bill Allombert <ballombe@master.debian.org> writes:

> Something I have yet to understand is what purposes the bounce [from
> a moderated list] serve in the first place. Moderating is OK, but
> bouncing ?

I read many mailing lists (this one, for example) without being
subscribed as a member.

An automated message saying "Your post to the list, unlike many
others, will be delayed until a human acts" tells me that I shouldn't
get anxious at the non-appearance of my message on the list. Without
such a message, many people would believe their message was eaten
somewhere, and post it again and again.

--
 \         "Money is always to be found when men are to be sent to the |
  `\   frontiers to be destroyed: when the object is to preserve them, |