Re: safe halt/reboot/shutdown

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, martin f krafft wrote:

also sprach Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> [2006.10.16.1740 +0200]:
This script, along with symlinks from halt and reboot, lives in
/usr/local/sbin on all my systems

Replacing halt might be a bit risky, as the story in
<URL:http://bugs.debian.org/354163> document. :)

I would not be replacing it, really. Unless $SSH_CONNECTION is
defined in the environment, all the shell script does is pass right
through.

It is exactly what I did and what caused the trouble and hours
of debugging.  My solution I found in a local package is to
define commands hult and rebuut and use these exclusively so
I will not type halt and reboot on any machine I have sufficient
permissions any more.

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--