Re: Will IceWeasel be based on a fork or on vanilla FireFox?

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 09:27:32AM +0200, Jacobo Tarrio <jtarrio@trasno.net> wrote:
> El lunes, 16 de octubre de 2006 a las 00:22:53 +0200, Lech Karol Paw?aszek escribía:
>
> > >  The fact that GNU chose the name "Iceweasel" for their own fork of Firefox
> > > is extremely unfortunate :-(
> > Why it is unfortunate? Mozilla Corporation doesn't want (Debian) to use
> > firefox name without the artwork. And Debian can't distribute the artwork
> > since it is DFSG-nonfree.
>
>  Because now we have two "iceweasels" that are, in fact, not the same thing.

Note that gnuzilla is distributing iceweasel 1.5, while we will be
shipping iceweasel 2.0. Anyways, as stated on my blog (see planet.d.o),
we are going to work with the gnu guys, but we don't have time to deal
with that before etch freeze, so we're just going the renaming way.

Mike