Re: Will IceWeasel be based on a fork or on vanilla FireFox?

On Monday 16 October 2006 00:07, Jacobo Tarrio wrote:
> El domingo, 15 de octubre de 2006 a las 22:06:21 +0200, Bastian Venthur
escribía:
> > I've read on several blogs that IceWeasel will be based on a fork of
> > FireFox and not just on vanilla FireFox. Is this true and if yes, why?
>
>  AIUI, it will be vanilla Firefox minus logo, minus "Firefox" name, plus
> Debian patches.
>
>  The fact that GNU chose the name "Iceweasel" for their own fork of Firefox
> is extremely unfortunate :-(

Why it is unfortunate? Mozilla Corporation doesn't want (Debian) to use
firefox name without the artwork. And Debian can't distribute the artwork
since it is DFSG-nonfree.

Kind regards.

--
Lech Karol Pawłaszek <ike>
"You will never see me fall from grace..." [KoRn]