Re: How should we deal with 'pointless-on-this-arch' packages?

* Kevin Mark

| IIRC the buildds do not have a weight attached to each package to
| determine its order in the buildd queue. Would the introduction of a
| weight, where resource intensive packages get put on the bottom and are
| built at 'slow' periods help?

This will easily cause problems for those packages's migration to
testing, since there will be out-of-date binaries for slow arches in
the archive.  (Or the release team will have to get the old binaries
removed for said slow architectures.)

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-