Re: How should we deal with 'pointless-on-this-arch' packages?

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, Charles Plessy wrote:

The interest with debtags is that it allows to change the policy for a
package without needing an upload or the intervention of the maintainer.
This way, the decision of not building could be taken by the maintainer,
and it could be reverted quickly by somebody else if a user requested
the package on an excluded arch.

How would you implement with with debtags? Are the buildd's paying attention to this now? Maybe I misunderstand.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Illinois Institute of Technology