Re: How should we deal with 'pointless-on-this-arch' packages?

Hi,

On Saturday 14 October 2006 12:51, Wookey wrote:
> Nevertheless I think it is clear that we do need mechanisms to keep
> the load and package set appropriate for slower arches. If we design
> the mechanism properly I would hope it could be useful for various
> categorisation/subsetting purposes within debian.

Isn't it up to the maintainer to say $package is not suited for $architecture?
And aren't maintainers happy to receive hints (e.g. from porters or users of
a certain package), which specific package is not suited for a specific
architecture?

regards,
	Holger