recent kernel and apm on an old up machine

Hi all,

recently, linux-image packages are compiled with smp
option and I encountered a problem on old up(non-smp)
machine with apm but not with acpi.

The power-off at shutdown didn't work even if I setted
apm=on, and/or apm=power-off etc. in grub menu.

Is there any smart way to make power-off available on
old up machine with apm?

It is a fairly tedius to build linux-image on such old
and so slow machine.

Regards,			2006-9-26(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima