Re: Orphaning my packages

On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 06:13:23PM +0100, James Westby wrote:

> >   I'll take ssss since it hasn't been claimed.

> I claimes it via ITA straight away, perhaps I should have emailed the
> list as well sorry.

  No problem, it was my fault for trusting the mail and not checking.

> I'm always happy for co-maintenance, or you can take it yourself.
> I imagine it will be easy to maintain. I also maintain another package
> by the same author, and he is great to work with.

  Great.  It sounds like you'd be the best choice for it then.

  I would offer to comaintain, since I think that is generally a good
 thing, but for a slow-moving package like this I'm not sure that it
 is required.

> I was wondering what the upload ettiquete should be. There is no now,
> version, no bugs, and the packaging is fine. Do I try and find a sponsor
> just for a change of maintainer, or do I wait until there is something
> to do?

  You could upload now to fix the standards version and to set the
 new maintainer - thats what I'd do, even though there are no bugs
 or newer upstream available.

Steve