Re: Re: Request to mailing list Pkg-qof-maintainers rejected

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
> Unfortunately, I haven't seen much support for my position yet - most
> the mailinglist to moderated". I remain at "flaming your fellows never
> helps the project, making requests and doing suggestions does".

You have support, I agree that Ganneff has been to harsh, it's just that
meta-discussions like this one also do not help much.

A private reply to Ganneff would have showed you that it was not
particularly against you, but he has seen that mistake several times
already and decided to rant a bit publicly in the hope to reduce the
frequence of such incidents.

(At least I think so, Ganneff feel free to confirm :-))

> I agree with you here, but I aspire a mailing list environment where one
> could start reading right away without having to build up a database of
> swearing posters first.

Indeed.

Cheers,
--