Re: Why not only support Sid and Testing?

Our users who currently use stable in various mission critical and
other destabalization-averse environments (basically everyone who
isn't a single desktop user) need and want stable releases which are
supported by the very capable security and stable release teams.

Our stable releases fill a niche that no other FOSS distribution
currently fills adequately, though many have tried.

While I clearly can't force other developers to work on getting stable
released, I personally am very motivated to see it happen for the very
fact that I am a user who has systems running in
destabalization-averse environments; I'm glad that many other
developers feel the same way, because it enables me to work on other
things besides having a stable system.

Beyond that, conflict, pressure, and stress are all parts of any
anarchistic process which is as large as Debian is. However, what you
see on the surface via the mailing lists really is a small microcosm
of what is going on. Real work rarely happens in MUAs; it happens in
editors and on the command line.

Don Armstrong

--
A people living under the perpetual menace of war and invasion is very
easy to govern. It demands no social reforms. It does not haggle over