Re: Why udev does not use update-rc.d in its postinst

md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) wrote:

> On Sep 11, Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> That's the version in testing, but the source package in sid also has
>> all that's needed to get it in again, unless there's a hard-to-see
>> subtle error.
> Like the update-rc.d bug discussed here in the last few days.

Which wouldn't result in the udev binary package's postinst missing the
update-rc.d call, as George asserted.  And this bug probably would
disable more init scripts than this one (I didn't read it in detail,
since by chance I didn't upgrade to any problematic version).

Regards, Frank

--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)