Re: so many applications wake up so often

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 08:17:09PM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:

One other thing here -- and I would argue perhaps even more important --
is hard disk access.  I've spent quite some time tuning that, and with
traditional services (cron, MTAs, syslog, etc.) it's a bit
time-consuming but possible.

I have no idea what Gnome, KDE, etc. are doing to my disk -- all I know
is that they seem to have business with it all the time, and it makes it
very difficult for the disk to spin down.

-- John