Re: claiming bugs, BTS delay, planning BSPs

Le ven 8 septembre 2006 14:40, martin f krafft a écrit :
> also sprach Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> [2006.09.08.1233 +0200]:
> > I don't think we need more than one tag per claim.
>
> So how to prevent deadlocks? With many people bug squashing at the
> same time, we cannot rely on chaos anymore.

you can't because the BTS is way too slow anyway. for 95% of the NMU I
do, I receive the acks for message I send at least 15 minutes, often 30
minutes after my mails.

most of the NMU I do take me less than 20 minutes from apt-get source to
upload, with already too many administrative tasks to perform to avoid
adding a new one.

I don't claim my bugs, because it's too painful. and if someone worked
on the same bug before me, then too bad, I've lost 20 minutes of my
time. It happens rarely enough to not worth the added minute I would
lost claiming the bug.

Only a web form that instantaneously report that I claim the bug would
have any chance to be usefull. Using the BTS (in its current reactivity
and implementation at least) for interactive tasks is IMHO a bad idea.
And please, don't propose yet-another-application to talk to to perform
an upload. We have enough administrivia already.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit