Re: debconf: DbDriver "templatedb": could not sync

Udo Mueller wrote:
> DbDriver "templatedb": could not sync /var/cache/debconf/templates.dat-new: Input-/Output error

This looks very likely to be a disk problem. FWIW, it's calling fsync(2)
on that file.

> The filesystem on this partition is LVM with ext3.
> fsck.ext3 runs without any error message.
> I can create, open, edit and delete files without any problems.
> The command "sync" works fine, too.

None of which rule out a problem with your disk. You could use the
badblocks command to test the whole disk for bad blocks. Or look at
smartctl output and/or dmesg for problems.

--
see shy jo